Monday, August 16, 2010

1. Poem

Evening Song
By Leong Liew Geok

Come, my darlings, let me see
Your files and papers please;
Put them neatly on my table:
How did you fare in Assessment Three?

Off with TV; sit on either side;
Let's first look at Chinese and Math.
I wonder if you have progressed-
80 for Math? A shocking slide!

And you, my girl? This will never do!
Chinese, only 82? Listen, both:
Peabrain! Cretin! These are the pits-
I expect better things from you!

All this will count toward
Your final position in the standard;
Pull up your socks; shape up, or else
Demotion will be your reward.

Since overall performance is AVERAGE.
I must assign more exercises,
So you'll improve in CA Four
To secure an A-STAR percentage.

A word with your tutor may increase
A 70% stake in the subject;
Spending more holidays with her, my boy,
May change your grades in Chinese.

What's that whispering I hear?
Brain damage from too much work?
There's mud in your cerebral cortex-
Grey matter has nothing to fear!

Never forget the fact-
There's nothing like an early start;
Avoid Normal and Express for SAP
You brats-take that! And that!

No comments:

Post a Comment